https://denverimmigrationlawyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Denver-Immigration-Lawyer-Mountains-Trimmed.png 144 1030 Denver Immigration Lawyer http://denverimmigrationlawyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Denver-Immigration-Lawyer-Logo.png Denver Immigration Lawyer2021-04-22 21:45:202021-04-24 22:10:07Requesting Record of Proceeding from Denver Immigration Court
Requesting Record of Proceeding from Denver Immigration Court
April 22, 2021
The Denver Immigration Court has provided additional guidance today to the member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association regarding how to obtain a copy of their clients files.
- To review a file, an information request is required. Download one below.
- The info request can only be filed by mail or at the window, it cannot be filed electronically anymore.
- The court has a goal of a 5 day turnaround, but is currently at approximately two weeks.
- When the file is ready, the court will send a notification by email to the email address listed on the information request.
- There is a table set up outside the clerk’s window for file review. Attorneys are not permitted in EOIR spaces.
- Making copies is challenging. You will need to coordinate with the court on a case-by-case basis or take a phone to photograph the pages.
- If a month passes without attorney review, the request will be deemed abandoned because the files cannot be earmarked for attorney review indefinitely.