Denver Family Immigration Lawyer

Affordable, Accessible & Experienced – Proudly Serving Families in all 50 States

Specialists in Family Immigration Law w/ Custom Technology

We are specialists in family-based immigration and assist families in all 50 states in a more affordable and efficient manner.  We develope proprietary in-house software efficiently prepare family immigration cases while keeping our focus on customer services and unlimited attorney support. 

Marriage Immigration Lawyer
Marriage Visa Lawyer
Fiancé(e) Visa Lawyer

Fundamental Beliefs and Values

We believe in family unity, and we are proud to fight to keep families together in the United States. We enjoy sharing in the celebration of a successful outcome.  Because we specialize in family-based immigration cases, we are uniquely suited to represent families during this critical legal process.


If you were granted a two year permanent resident card, your status as a lawful permanent resident is conditional. This means that you must file a Form I – 751 petition for removal of conditions in the period beginning 90 days prior to the two year card expiring. It must not be filed early, and must not be filed late – i.e., after the card expires, or you risk termination of status and removal from the United States.  


Green Card Lawyer Denver

Selective Service Registration

If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 26, you must register for the Selective Service within 30 days of becoming a permanent resident. Visit

Change of Address for Immigrant or Sponsor

As a permanent resident, you are required to notify USCIS of a change of address within 10 days of moving using Form AR-11. This is important as you could technically face removal from the United States if this is not done. Willful failure to update your address is also a misdemeanor crime. The financial sponsor(s) must also notify USCIS of any change in address using Form I – 865. Both forms can be found at

Travel Outside of the United States

You should never travel outside of the United States without your passport and your permanent resident card.

If you plan on traveling outside of the United States for six months or more (or if you will be taking several extended trips outside of the United States, or establishing employment or a place of residence outside of the United States), you should apply for a reentry permit before leaving the United States. The reentry permit must be requested, and the fingerprinting requirements fulfilled, while you are in the United States. If you do not obtain a reentry permit, you are at a higher risk of loosing your status as a permanent legal resident of the United States for “abandonment.”

Prolonged travel is risky. It also can disrupt the period it takes for you to be eligible to apply for naturalization to become a US citizen.

Filing Taxes as a”Resident”

You should file taxes as advised by your accountant or tax attorney as a “resident” of the United States so that your intention to maintain status as a lawful permanent resident cannot be challenged.

Criminal Arrests & Charges

If you are ever arrested or cited for any criminal violation (whether misdemeanor or felony), you must speak with an experienced immigration lawyer prior to accepting any plea agreement, including a deferred judgement agreement. You may be removed from the United States and lose your status as a lawful permanent resident for even minor charges.

You are NOT a citizen and NOT allowed to vote

You may be eligible to apply for citizenship after 5 years of being a permanent resident – or 3 years if married to a US citizen and living in marital union. Early filing (90 days in advance) may be possible.

However, until if and when you do become a US citizen, you are NOT permitted to vote, register to vote or otherwise claim you are a US citizen. If you vote in a federal, state or local election, you may never be able to become a US citizen, and you may be removed from the United States. It is also a crime to vote as a lawful permanent resident.

Special care should be taken at the DMV (or online when renewing a license) not to inadvertently check a box that you are a citizen.  This has caused many people to be deported from the United States.

Possession of Firearms and Concealed Weapons Permits

Immigrants in the United States with non-immigrant visas (i.e., tourist visa, work visa, etc.) are not allowed to possess firearms in most cases. This is generally considered a crime. However, lawful permanent residents of the United States are able to possess firearms. Be careful though, a “firearms offence” regardless of how minor – i.e., accidental discharge – may result in removal from the United States.

Miscellaneous Information and Warnings

Asylum One Year Filing Deadline

Asylum cases must generally be filed within one year of last entry to the United States. Otherwise, they may be denied for late filing. Unless you tell us you “fear” returning to your country, we will not discuss this option with you.

90 Day Presumption of Fraud 

Actions taken within 90 days of entry to the United States, such as marrying a US citizen and starting to reside with that person, or taking a job, etc., may be viewed as potential evidence of fraud at the time of entry to the United States. This could cause problems for your case, and may ultimately result in the denial of your case and removal from the United States.  Speak with a qualified immigration lawyer about the facts of your case. 

Aging Out of Children

If you have a child or children who may need to immigrate to the US, you should discuss options with the attorney immediately. There are several deadlines that may prevent a child from immigrating, and it is important to be aware of your options. For example, when a child turns twenty one years old or marries, the US citizen parent can no longer petition for that child as an “immediate relative” – therefore, it is said that the child “ages out” when the child turns twenty one and a petition has not been filed. In such a case, there may be no other ways to legally immigrate available to the child. Also, while stepchild/stepparent relationships do count for immigration purposes in most cases, the relationship will not be considered legally sufficient unless the marriage establishing the stepparent/ stepchild relationship is entered into prior to the eighteenth birthday of the child. This is an important consideration if you are not yet married. 

Unlawful Presence

An immigrant starts to accrue unlawful presence in the United States if the person is over 18 years old and remains in the United States past the period of authorized stay. If the person accrues 180 days or more of unlawful presence and then departs from the United States, the person triggers the 3 year bar to admission. If the person accrues one year or more of unlawful presence and then departs from the United States, the person triggers the 10 year bar to admission. If the person accrues a total period of unlawful presence in the aggregate (meaning during multiple trips) of one year or more of unlawful presence and then departs from the United States, the person also triggers the 10 year bar to admission. If the adjustment of status application is properly filed, the period of unlawful presence generally will be tolled during the time the application is pending. You should attempt to file your case prior to accruing 180 days of unlawful presence, or one year of unlawful presence in the aggregate, if you already have 180 days of unlawful presence. That way, if your case is denied, and you must leave the United States, you will avoid bars to readmission for unlawful presence. Please provide the immigration attorney all necessary information and documents well in advance of any deadlines to ensure your case is timely filed. 

Renewal Work Authorization Requests

For cases that take longer than average, renewal work permits/ advance parole requests should be requested well in advance of the expiration date on the initial document. Otherwise, there may be a gap in travel and employment authorization, and you may be terminated. We charge $250 for renewal work permits ($350 for a renewal work permit/ advance parole request for pending adjustment of status cases before USCIS). If you would like our assistance, you should contact us six months in advance of the expiration date.

NVC Termination Proceedings and Loss of Filing Fees

For consular processing cases, once a case is at the National Visa Center and there is an available visa, it is important to quickly submit all required documents and communicate with the NVC.  If a year passes, filing fess paid for the DS-260 and Affidavit of Support will be lost, and you will need to repay them.  Also, once a year passes, the NVC will initiate termination proceedings to terminate the approval of the Form I-130.  If that happens, the I-130 will need to be filed again, if still possible.  We encourage all clients to quickly work with us to process their cases without delay.