Denver Immigration Lawyer & Criminal Defense Attorney
Immigration issues can be complicated and stressful. When your immigration status and the life you have built (or plan to build) in the United States are threatened in any way, an experienced Denver immigration lawyer is critical. With years of focused experience working before USCIS and immigration courts, our mission is to keep as many families together in the United States as possible by consistently delivering approvals and preventing deportations.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, and you have been charged with a crime, you need to hire an attorney who understands the complexities of both criminal defense and immigration law. Mr. McCarroll has extensive experience dealing with the challenges that immigrants face when arrested. We focus on effective criminal defense so that immigrants may avoid being placed in deportation proceedings in the first place.
Denver Immigration Lawyer Michael J. McCarroll Has Years of Focused Experience Fighting to Keep Families Together in the United States
We have experience handling some of the most difficult immigration cases in front of various government agencies and immigration courts throughout the country. Our background litigating removal defense cases, and our experience with criminal matters, make us an invaluable asset to any family seeking to obtain legal resident status for a loved one.
Common issues that can threaten the success of a typical immigration case include the following:
- Failing to accurately assess eligibility for the benefit sought
- Failing to accurately assess past criminal history or other immigration violations
- Failing to accurately assess how a past marriage of either the petitioner or the immigrant can impact the case
- Rejection of the visa package for improper compilation or missing items
- Presumption of fraud for failing to carefully complete the questions on government forms
- Presumption of fraud for the timing and manner of entry to the United States
- Not having proper expectations about the tone and seriousness of the marriage-fraud interview (e.g., guessing dates, not having enough evidence, etc.)
- Delays in processing due to negligent preparation of immigration documents
- Inexperience dealing with the government agency and/or immigration court involved
Mistakes can cause delays, loss of filing fees and even deportation and/or permanent disqualification from future immigration benefits. We take our responsibility to keep you in the United States seriously. Take advantage of our years of focused experience practicing immigration law. Call us to schedule a confidential and free legal consultation with Denver immigration lawyer Michael J. McCarroll.